Our mission is to promote gender equity by empowering women and removing systemic barriers to their advancement.What our work includes:
- A first-in-the-nation approach to closing the gender pay gaps.
- Reducing demand for sex-buying and trafficking.
- Programming for women entrepreneurs.
- Research to support the childcare workforce and childcare access and affordability for working families.
- A year-long project to mark the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which enshrined the right to vote for women in the U.S. Constitution.
- Our office also works with an external Women's Advisory Committee on issues that affect women and girls in Boston.
Join our mailing list for the latest updates:
Get Involved: individuals
Get Involved: employers
News and Announcements
Second round of funding open for Childcare Entrepreneur Fund
Boston Women's Memorial
The memorial is dedicated to three women who helped shape the City’s history.