The Mayor’s Office of Women’s Advancement facilitates full and equal participation of women and girls to support and enhance their quality of life in the City of Boston.
Who we are
The Office of Women's Advancement is an embodiment of Mayor Walsh’s commitment to advancing and supporting women in Boston.
We provide a permanent, effective voice for all female residents of Boston by working inclusively with public, private, and non-profit partners on key issues that significantly affect women and girls.
- Economic equity
- Empowerment and Representation
- Research on paid parental leave and childcare
- A first-in-the-nation approach to closing the gender wage gaps
- Reducing the demand for sex-buying and trafficking
- Creating specific programming for women entrepreneurs
News and Announcements
Boston girls invited to BCYF citywide Girls Summit on Saturday, May 12
Boston Women's Memorial
The memorial is dedicated to three women who helped shape the City’s history.