Mayor's Health Line
The Mayor’s Health Line is a free, confidential, multilingual information and referral service. We help all residents regardless of immigration status. If you or your family needs legal help we provide referrals to legal services.
The Mayor’s Health Line (MHL) ensures Boston residents have access to services and programs that promote health and wellness. The MHL staff help residents with a variety of services including:
- answering questions about health insurance eligibility
- enrolling in health insurance
- finding primary care providers
- finding social services
- locating free clinics
- and many more
All MHL staff are state-certified Navigators that offer confidential and free help with healthcare enrollment.
Call the Health Line for help with your health insurance application. We also provide individual case management and advocacy for our clients, navigating the healthcare system.
Massachusetts Health Connector's 2022 Open Enrollment ended on January 23rd. People who qualify for subsidized health insurance or have a qualifying life event can apply year round.
HelpSteps is a free web and app-based system. It connects individuals to health and human services available in Massachusetts.
- Over 11,000 social service listings
- Personalized search
- Serves Massachusetts residents
- View detailed agency information
- Advanced location search
- Google Map integration
- Twenty two service categories
- Find nearby public transportation
- Available in over 100 languages
- Free & Confidential
211 Helpsteps video
Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone
The SHINE Program (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone)
SHINE is a state health insurance assistance program. It provides free health insurance information and counseling help to Massachusetts residents with Medicare.
The Mayor’s Health Line has two certified SHINE counselors onsite. They can help you or your loved ones with any Medicare questions. The SHINE counselors are trained and certified by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs in many areas of health benefits including:
- Medicare A & B covered services
- Prescription drug options
- Medigap insurance plans
- Free or reduced cost health care programs
A Mayor's Health Line SHINE counselor gives access to unbiased, accurate up to date information about health care options. Our SHINE counselors speak Spanish and Cape Verdean creole. We also have a language line available.
MHL SHINE Counselors speak Cape Verdean Creole, Haitian Creole and Spanish. We have access to the Language Line and will be able to assist clients in their preferred language.
Counselors can assist you over the phone, Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm or you can schedule an appointment. All services are free and confidential.
Questions Counselors can answer:
- What does Medicare pay for?
- What is Medigap Policy?
- Where can I get help for my prescription drugs?
- Where can I get help for Medicare Part B?
- When can I sign up for Medicare?
Apply for Health Insurance
How we can help
MHL Navigators can answer your questions about health insurance available through the Marketplace and health plan options available through MassHealth. All of the MHL Navigators are trained and certified by staff from the Health Connector and MassHealth. MHL Navigators will assist you through the entire application and enrollment process.
Our state-certified health Navigators will:
- Answer your questions
- Explain your coverage options
- Help you apply and enroll in the right plan
- Help you find a health care provider
It's easy to get started, call us at 617-534-5050 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following:
- Phone number
- Best day(s) to reach you
- Best time(s) to reach you
What We Help With
Mayor’s Health Line is your link to:
- Child Care Assistance
- Children's Medical Security Plan (CMSP)
- Food Assistance
- Health Safety Net
- Home Care Services For Elders
- Veteran's Services
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Community Health Centers
- Dental and Oral Health Services
- Financial Assistance Programs
- Free Clinics
- Legal Assistance Programs
- Mental Health services
- Nutritional Programs
- Primary Care Doctors
- Substance Abuse services
- And many other health and social services.
The Mayor's Health Line also provides community presentations and workshops on a variety of topics. Some presentation topics include:
- Health literacy
- Medicare 101
- Health Connector Plans
Sign up for a Medicare 101 workshop to learn more about Medicare and plan choices. Please fill out MHL Presentation Request Form and someone will contact you.