Asthma information for parents and caregivers
Asthma can be tricky. We understand that managing your child’s asthma can be a confusing process and we are here to help. Below is important information and resources to help.
- Children and youth with asthma do best when their caregivers, medical providers, school or day care providers, and community resources work together as a team.
- Keeping asthma under control prevents emergency room visits, hospitalization, and death.
- As children head back to school, asthma symptoms tend to increase and so can ER visits for asthma for children whose asthma is not well-controlled.
Managing AsthmaManaging Asthma
- Asthma has no known cure
- Asthma triggers are anything that makes asthma worse
- Knowing and avoiding asthma triggers can prevent flare ups
- Identify potential triggers in your home (ask your provider to make a home visit referral to us so we can help)