The Behavioral Health department is a team of social workers and support staff that meet with our guests at the Southampton Street and Woods Mullen shelters to provide clinical services, with a focus on removing barriers that keep individuals from obtaining successful housing.
Our behavioral health team provides services including:
- mitigating high-risk behaviors
- assisting in crises
- coordinating care
- liaising with hospitals and the Department of Mental Health
- referrals to specialized services and care
- connecting guests to community-based mental health centers
- providing in-home clinical services to formerly homeless individuals
- performing assessment and referral for co-occurring disorders
- providing consultation and training across departments
Boston Health Care for the Homeless Clinics
Boston Health Care for the Homeless runs onsite health clinics at our emergency shelters. Clinics offer primary care and nursing services to shelter guests.