South End Fitness Center
Discounted memberships are available for employees of the Boston Medical Center, Boston Public Health Commission, and the City of Boston. Discounts are available for students and senior citizens. Community organizations are also welcome to inquire about membership arrangements for their employees.
Please contact John McCarrick, Director, at 617-534-4341 to answer any South End Fitness Center questions.
- 785 Albany Street
4th FloorBoston, MA 02118
Sunday: 8:00 am-3:00 pm
Monday: 6:00 am-9:30 pm
Tuesday: 6:00 am-9:30 pm
Wednesday: 6:00 am-9:30 pm
Thursday: 6:00 am-9:30 pm
Friday: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am-6:00 pm
- Basketball court
- Strength training equipment
- Personal fitness assessment and orientation with a fitness specialist
- Cardio equipment
- Exercise studio and group fitness classes
- Locker room with daily use lockers and showers
- Two hours of validated, free parking in the Northampton Square garage
- One-day pass: $15
- Three-month membership: $120*
- Six-month membership: $210
- One-year membership: $360
Payment can be made by personal check, money order, and credit card. No cash payments accepted.
South End Fitness Center
What we offer
- Exercise studio
- Basketball court (temporarily closed)
- Pool: our newly-renovated, six-lane pool is Boston’s hidden gem. The pool area also has a warm-up room, kickboards, aqua jogger belts, flippers, and water dumbbells. The pool closes 30 minutes prior to the SEFC closing time. All swimmers must be 18 years old and know how to swim, as there is no lifeguard on duty.
- Variable and plate-loaded equipment
- Medicine balls and kettlebells
- Body bars
- Stability Balls
- Speed bag
- Treadmills and ellipticals
- Upright and recumbent stationary bikes
- Rowing machines
- Heavy bag
Hours and locationHours and location
785 Albany Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02118
SEFC members get two hours of free parking in the Northampton Street garage, located at 35 Northampton Street. After parking, enter the lobby through the black door located at the Albany Street end of the garage. Take the elevator to the 4th floor to get to the gym.Walking:
The SEFC is conveniently located on the following MBTA bus routes: 1, 8, 10, 47, CT3. Those with a SEFC membership may open the door at 785 Albany Street with their swipe card. Insert the card in the black box (blue side facing left), and slide it downward.
If the ramp gate is down, walk to Northampton Street (to your left) and enter through the 35 Northampton Street garage ramp. Once inside, walk to your right through the garage to the black door and take the elevator to the 4th floor.
- Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
All six lanes are available except for the following times, when lanes will be limited:
- Monday: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 7 - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5 - 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:30 - 11 a.m.
Locker rooms close 15 minutes prior to closing. Pool closes 30 minutes prior to closing.