The School-Based Health Centers (SBHC) provide culturally and developmentally appropriate health care services in Boston schools. Our services address the medical and behavioral health issues that can interfere with academic success.
Have questions or want to connect?
1010 Massachusetts Ave.
Boston, MA 02118
SBHCs are currently located in 6 Boston Public High Schools but provide services to 8 BPS High Schools.
Our teams include a medical provider, mental health clinician, health educator and administrative assistant. They work to ensure that enrolled students have access to the health information and services they need.
School Based Heath Center locations
|Name of School||Contact Information|
|Another Course to College (Mental Health only)||20 Warren Street
Brighton, MA 02135
|Boston Community Leadership Academy and
New Mission High School
|655 Metropolitan Avenue
Hyde Park, MA 02136
|Boston Latin Academy High School||205 Townsend Street, Boston, MA 02121
|Brighton High School||25 Warren Street, Brighton, MA 02135
|Charlestown High School (Mental Health only)||240 Medford Avenue, Charlestown, MA 02129
|Jeremiah E. Burke High School||60 Washington Street, Dorchester, MA 02124
|Madison Park High School||55 Malcolm X Blvd., Roxbury, MA 02119
|Snowden International High School||150 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02115
Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants provide:
- preventive care
- routine annual sports/employment physical exams
- diagnosis and treatment of episodic illness (like strep throat)
- chronic illness care (including asthma)
- sexual/reproductive health education and management (including STI testing/treatment)
Licensed Mental Health Counselors or Licensed Clinical Social Workers provide the following:
- psycho-social assessment
- on-going therapy
- case management for individuals or groups
- intervention in crisis situations
- provision of information
- referrals and resources for individuals, families, and school personnel within the school and community
- SBHC clinicians also work in partnership with schools in response to traumatic events
Sexual Health/Reproductive Health:
Health Educators provide:
- one-on-one and group counseling and classroom education to high school students
- including providing information on healthy bodies
- healthy relationships
- prevention of STIs
- unplanned pregnancies
To take advantage of what the SBHCs have to offer, please contact the SBHC at your child’s school to schedule an appointment. For your child(ren)'s first visit, you will need to provide a Parental Consent form. You can download the English Consent Form and Spanish Consent Form.