BCYF Camp Joy
Camp Joy’s success is due to qualified and dedicated staff. Our structured and enriching programs:
- promote peer-to-peer socialization
- foster individual growth and development, and
- connect participants and their families to new opportunities and valuable community resources.
Camp Joy Summer Program
BCYF Camp Joy applications for Summer 2020 are now available.
The Camp Joy Summer Program is a four-week, day-long summer camp program. This program is available to Boston residents with disabilities, ages 3 - 22, and their siblings, ages 3 - 7.
Camp Joy provides an inclusive and supportive environment. Participants receive a nutritious breakfast and lunch. We also offer door-to-door transportation, eliminating barriers to services. Each BCYF Camp Joy site has a licensed nurse. All program staff are professionally trained and CPR certified.
Youth in the Camp Joy Summer Program take part in activities that encourage peer-to-peer interaction, such as:
- group games
- adaptive sports and gym time
- arts and crafts, and
- field trips to local sites, including the zoo and bowling alleys.
*Please note: Incomplete or illegible applications will not be accepted. Slots are filled on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment will close when all slots are filled or on Friday, May, 8, 2020, whichever comes first.
Camp Joy Winter Program
The Camp Joy Winter Program runs from October to March. The program takes place Saturdays, from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., for 15 weeks. This program is available to residents with disabilities between the ages of 8 and 22.
- swimming in BCYF’s indoor pools
- social activities including pizza parties and group games, and
- field trips to recreational, cultural, and educational institutions.
- October 5, 2019: Getting to know each other Pizza Party
- October 12, 2019: Closed
- October 19, 2019: Swimming
- October 26, 2019: Closed
- November 2, 2019: Swimming
- November 9, 2019: Closed
- November 16, 2019: Swimming
- November 23, 2019: Closed
- November 30, 2019: Closed
- December 7, 2019: Boston Bowl
- December 14, 2019: AMC Movie Tentative
- December 21, 2019: Swimming
- December 28, 2019: Closed
- January 4, 2020: Closed
- January 11, 2020: Swimming
- January 18, 2020: Swimming
- January 25, 2020: Boston Bowl
- February 1, 2020: Swimming
- February 8, 2020: Closed
- February 15, 2020: AMC Movie Tentative
- February 22, 2020: Closed
- February 29, 2020: Swimming
- March 7, 2020: Closed
- March 14, 2020: Boston Bowl
- March 21, 2020: Swimming
- March 28, 2020: Last Day Celebration
BCYF Camp Joy participant spotlight
Meet David, a/k/a 'Peter Parker,' a Longtime Camp Joy Participant
On a recent Saturday, fresh from an hour of fun in the pool with the BCYF Camp Joy Winter Program, sixteen-year-old David sat down on a couch in the teen center. He has been coming to Camp Joy’s summer and winter programs for many years. He introduces himself as David Gonzalez, Jr. but he’d prefer to be called “Peter Parker,” the real name of Spider-Man, because he is very into superheroes. His love for them began with the Powerpuff Girls, a children’s cartoon, when he was younger, and has since grown to encompass most if not all superheroes. But his favorite by far is Spider-Man.