Community-Led Design Group
The Design Group will create a pilot proposal plan for a community-led mental health response. We're looking for 10 Boston residents with professional or lived experiences with mental health issues. Interested in applying? Please complete our online application:
You can learn more about the Design Group below.
About the group
In April 2021, the Mayor asked the Health and Human Services Cabinet, Boston Police, and Boston EMS to reimagine responses to mental health crises. This work resulted in the development of three initiatives for pilot plans:
- Improving the co-response model
- Introducing an alternative response, led by Boston-EMS and mental health workers
- Creating a community-led response
You can learn more about these efforts on our mental health crisis response website.
- The Design Group will create a pilot proposal plan for a community-led mental health response. The group will be made up of at least 10 Boston residents. We are looking for members with professional or lived experience with mental health issues.
- The group will meet from December 2021 to May 2022. Members are expected to actively participate in virtual or in-person meetings. We will follow all COVID-19 precautions and restrictions.
- We acknowledge the time and effort that goes into serving on the Design Group. For that reason, we will provide members a monetary stipend of $1,200.
- We will have translation services available for residents who do not speak English. If you plan to apply, you can request your preferred language in the application.
How to apply
Want to become a member of the Community-Led Design Group? Please complete the online application:
All applications must be completed and turned in by Wednesday, November 10, 2021, by 5 p.m. (EST).
If you are having trouble filling out the online application, you can download our paper application. Once you have finished filling it out, please email your completed application to Krystal Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also mail it or drop if off in person to:
Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square, Room 806
Boston, Massachusetts 02201