Boston Centers for Youth & Families (BCYF) provides high quality programs and services for Boston’s girls. G.I.R.L.S. helps Boston’s girls meet their full potential through programs that meet their interests and needs. G.I.R.L.S. meets girls’ needs in an empowering, supportive, and welcoming environment. We want all girls to become healthy, strong, self-confident, and successful women. BCYF girls' programming is inclusive of girls of all ages, interests, and backgrounds.G.I.R.L.S. programming includes:
- BCYF Girls' Nights
- BCYF Girls’ Leadership Corps
- Youth Trainings
- Staff Professional Development
- Girls Only Program Time: designated times and spaces set aside for girls programming
Summer 2022 Girls Nights
For Summer 2022, we are offering a variety of Girls Nights for Boston girls. Pre-registration is required for each event by emailing Erika.Butler@boston.gov.
Thursday, July 28. "Zoo Lights" at Franklin Park Zoo.SLOTS FILLED Thursday, August 11, Codzilla.SLOTS FILLED
- Thursday, August 25, Rollerskating at Chez Vous.
BCYF Girls’ Leadership Corps
The BCYF Girls' Leadership Corps (GLC) is for girls ages 12 - 14. GLC takes place during the summer.
- take part in personal and leadership development workshops
- learn to establish positive and healthy lifestyle goals
- build essential skills and confidence to become successful and independent women
- develop and support girls programming
- lead community service projects, and
- engage other young women in workshops to address issues facing young women.
Trainings and professional development
BCYF G.I.R.L.S. facilitates training opportunities for both youth and staff. Trainings address issues that concern girls and women in Boston.Partners providing training include, among others:
- Girls’ LEAP
- Girls Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, and
- Big Sister Association of Greater Boston.
- interventions for violence perpetrated against women by men or by other women
- trauma response and sensitivity
- teen pregnancy
- healthy relationships
- exploitation prevention, and
- sports-based youth development focused on girls.