201 Rivermoor Street
Archives and Records
Archives and Records is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but you need to make an appointment ahead of time. Please contact them at least one day before you want to make an appointment.
To contact Archives and Records, please call 617-635-1195.
The City Archaeology Lab contains the office of the City Archaeologist, the Archaeology Classroom, the Processing Lab, and the Curation Facility.
The lab holds thousands of boxes containing the collections from 39 archaeological surveys excavated in the City of Boston. The Lab is also where all artifact processing occurs and report preparation is conducted. All archaeological digs end with a final report where we publish the results of the dig.
The lab is open Wednesday through Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., but you also need to make an appointment before you visit.
You can reach Archives and Records at 617-635-1195.
- Follow the Riverway to the Jamaicaway to the Arborway for approximately 2.2 miles to the 2nd rotary following signs for South Dedham/Providence.
- At the 2nd rotary bear right onto Centre Street (do not take the sharp right).
- Drive for 1 mile passing the Faulkner Hospital on your right. Bear right onto VFW Parkway.
- Proceed approximately 3 miles on VFW Parkway and take a right on Charles Park Road (a little past Home Depot).
- Take a left onto Rivermoor Street. #201 is the fourth building on the right.
- Take Exit 15A "Towards Dedham/ RT-1A."
- Proceed straight along Boston Providence Highway to VFW Parkway for approximately 4 miles.
- After crossing intersection with Rt. 109, take left at next set of lights onto Charles Park Road.
- Take first left onto Rivermoor Street. #201 is the fourth building on the right.