BCYF program and registration information during COVID-19
BCYF community centers are offering classes and courses for pre-registered participants. We continue to expand the menu of offerings as we are able to in accordance with public health guidelines. You can learn more below.
Guidelines and informationGuidelines and information
Find the class or program you would like to register for and click the blue REGISTER button to the right of the listing. You will be taken to the "details" page. Please review the description for any specific program or class-specific information.
Click the blue REGISTER button in the upper right of the window:
- If you are logged in, you will be taken directly to the registration screen.
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to log in, and after logging in will be taken to the registration screen.
- If you do not already have an account, you will have the opportunity to create one, and then can proceed with the registration process.
On the registration screen, click the check box next to each family member you wish to register for this program or class:
- If someone is already registered, the checkbox is disabled.
- To add a family member not yet on the list, click Add a Family Member to create a new contact profile.
- If there is an attendee conflict (i.e. age or already scheduled for another program/class at the same time), the system displays options such as the waitlist or the choice to revise the registration.
Click NEXT: Answer the questionnaire and consent questions.
Click NEXT: You will be taken to a summary screen where you can:
- modify any pending bookings
- select Book another event to add additional registrations to your cart, or
Click CHECKOUT: You will be taken to the checkout screen.
Click PROCESS TRANSACTION to complete the registration. On the confirmation page you will have the option to add this registration to your calendar and print a receipt.
Click the My Info tab. Click the Edit button to edit General and Contact Information.
Click Manage Login to change your password.
For sections such as Schedule and Attendance, click the twist down arrow beside the section title to expand the topic.Add a Family Member
When you are logged in online, you may add a new member to your family directly from the Member Portal on your My Info page:
- Click the Add Member button to add a member to your family or organization.
- The Add Member popup will appear.
- Fill out the form for the new member. Some fields will be pre-populated with the primary contact’s details.
- Participants must be registered to participate in the BCYF class or course through our registration system. We are not accepting drop-ins at this time.
- Preference will be given to Boston residents for all classes and courses.
- Participants in BCYF classes and programs must follow the guidance of public health officials and BCYF-specific policies related to COVID-19, including wearing a face covering (covering both the nose and mouth), maintaining six feet of distance from others, and washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Participants must have their own face covering. This can be any well-secured paper or cloth, like a bandana or scarf, that covers the mouth and nose. You must maintain six feet of distance from others.
- Participants must stay home if sick. If a child is experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congested or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea), they will be placed in a separate room and the parent or guardian will be called and be expected to pick up their child as soon as possible. If the child is sick with fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or other COVID-19 symptoms, the parent should seek medical care right away.
- Participants must bring their own water bottles and water. Due to public health regulations, BCYF is unable to provide access to water.
- Participants must bring their own sports equipment or other supplies, where applicable. Review the program or class description for details.
- Participants cannot bring any belongings other than one small bag or backpack.
- All participants must leave the center immediately after their scheduled activity.
- Children under the age of 10 must be dropped off and picked up by an authorized caregiver immediately after their scheduled activity. If an authorized caregiver is not waiting for the child, parents will be contacted. If parents cannot be reached, emergency contacts will be contacted. If after 10 minutes we are unable to reach a parent, guardian, or emergency contact, we will contact Boston Police or the Department of Children and Families. Repeated failure to pick up children in a timely manner will result in dismissal from the program.
- Due to capacity limits to enhance visitor safety, visitors must register for a swim time slot through our registration system. Walk-ins will not be allowed. Registration will go live 24 hours before the following day’s sessions and will remain open until all spots are taken or until the session begins, whichever comes first.
- Sessions will be time-limited and visitors are asked to register for and attend one session per day. If visitors register for more than one session per day, we reserve the right to cancel their registration if there is a waitlist of individuals looking to attend.
- Visitors are asked to arrive not more than 10 minutes before the start of their session and will be asked to maintain six feet of distance from others while waiting for the session to begin.
- Capacity guidelines limit the number of visitors per session.
- Preference will be given to Boston residents.
- Face coverings (covering both the nose and mouth) must be worn at all times when not in the water.
- Swimming lessons, which would require close physical contact, will not be offered.
- Distancing at least six feet from others is required for all individuals outside of a household group and applies to deck areas, bathrooms, wading areas, the water, and the pool deck.
- When registering for a session, visitors will be asked COVID-19 screening questions. The screening questions will be asked again when checking to the pool for the registered session.
- Three children under 12 are allowed per adult. Children under 8 need an adult in the water with them.