Mayor Walsh Announces Deck the Windows of Boston Main Streets Contest Finalists
Today Mayor Martin J. Walsh today announced the finalists in the City of Boston’s Deck the Windows of Boston Main Streets contest, a friendly competition between local business owners to beautify and promote the neighborhood Main Streets districts by decorating storefronts for the holidays.
“The Boston Main Streets businesses owners decorated their windows so beautifully in the spirit of the season,” said Mayor Walsh. “Now, I’m asking my fellow Bostonians to visit their neighborhood Main Street Districts to shop and vote on our website for their favorite display. I look forward to celebrating the three most festive holiday windows in the Boston’s Main Street Districts.”
The contest is part of Mayor Walsh’s Holiday Challenge, a campaign encouraging residents to support Main Streets and other local commercial districts during the 2014 holiday season. Participants in the Mayor’s Holiday Challenge pledged to support local business five times during the holiday season, either purchasing gifts, dining, or participating in local holiday events in Main Streets districts. Residents are encouraged to vote online for their favorite holiday-themed windows, starting at 5:00PM tonight.
Local judges reviewed windows in each of the Boston Main Streets Districts and submitted a winner from each district. The public voting process of the contest will conclude on December 17, at 3:00PM. The three businesses with the highest number of votes will be honored on Monday, December 22, at a holiday celebration hosted by Mayor Walsh, at the first place winning business.
The participating Boston Main Street Districts announced the following local winners:
- Unique Furnishings- Allston Village Main Streets
- Domenyk's Hair Salon- Bowdoin/Geneva Main Streets
- Devlin's Restaurant- Brighton Main Streets
- Tea Do- Chinatown Main Street
- Boston Home Shoppe- Dudley Square Main Streets
- La Hacienda- East Boston Main Streets
- Latino Beauty Salon- Egleston Square Main Street
- Valente Insurance- Fields Corner Main Street
- Jade Beauty Salon- Four Corners Main Street
- Lulu’s Barbershop & Salon – Greater Grove Hall Main Streets
- Tails Retail- Hyde Jackson Square Main Street
- Dress with Confidence- Hyde Park Main Streets
- On Centre- JP Centre/South Main Streets
- Innovative Fashions & Bridal- Mattapan Square Main Streets
- The Mission Bar and Grill- Mission Hill Main Streets
- Centre Cuts Salon & Spa- Roslindale Village Main Street
- The Modern Dog- St. Mark’s Area Main Street
- Upham's House of Pizza- Upham’s Corner Main Street ?
- ?North South Physical Therapy- Washington Gateway Main Street
- Mangia’s Pizza and Yogoteria- West Roxbury Main Streets
Contest details and a complete list of participating businesses to vote for by district can also be found on the City of Boston website: www.cityofboston.gov/deckthewindows.
- Last updated:
- Published by: Mayor's Office