It’s an exciting time for Boston! The City, with the leadership of Mayor Walsh, is investing in our future. We're ensuring that we are ready for the effects of a changing climate. Improved Boston parks and open spaces have the potential to:
- protect us from climate change
- improve our day to day lives, and
- making Boston’s many varied communities more resilient, healthy, safe and vibrant.
Moakley Park is one of the first major park improvements as part of this plan. In early 2019, with your help, we completed the Moakley Park Vision Plan. This is our vision for adding climate resilience and new programs to the park.
Much work has been done, and much more is to come. Use this site to track our progress and add your voice!
Come meet the design team and share your input at one of these events:
- Movie night (August 12) Moakley Park
- Movie night (August 14) Ramsey Park
- Olliepalooza (August 14) Moakley Park
- Science Under the Sun (August 16, 23, 30) Carson Street Bath House
- Ft. Point Festival (August 18) Ft. Point neighborhood
- Movie night (August 21) Ronan Park
- Girl scout meeting (September) Tierney Learning Center
- School Visits (September - October) Multiple locations
- SOWA Market (September - October)
- Movie night (September 6) Frog Pond
- South Boston Street Festival (September 15) East Broadway