Boston Collegiate Charter School Board of Trustees retreat
- Introductions/Icebreaker: 8:30 am
Standard Board Business
- Vote on New Trustees: Stephanie Stamatos, Judy Kahalas, Ali Nuger - VOTE/8:50 a.m.
- Financial Resolutions re: Check Signers - 9 a.m.
- Executive Session: Real Estate & Capital Campaign Update - VOTE/9:10 a.m.
Education Landscape Discussion - 9:15 a.m.
1. What’s Next for Charter Schools?
2. What Does this Mean for BCCS?
BCCS Risk Assessment: 10:15 a.m.
1. Review the “Keeps me up at night” list identified by the school team. As board members, what would you add to this list?2. What experience, if any, do you have with risk assessment within your own organizations?3. What recommendations do you have for how we proceed?
BCCS Academic Program & the Board: 11 a.m.
1. Update from Jenna Ogundipe on current state of academics in each part of the school, based on external school reviews conducted in November.
2. Currently the Board reviews a quarterly dashboard to monitor academic performance. Should we do more? Would an academics and student life committee be valuable? How might this help or hinder governance at BCCS?
2015-2020 Strategic Plan (as a reminder)
School Leadership Team Risk Assessment Analysis
BCCS Fall Dashboard (as a reminder)