Boston Parks and Recreation Commission hearing
- Vote to authorize Commissioner Woods to sign, on the Parks Department's behalf as a co-petitioner, the petition of DIV 1515 Commonwealth, LLC to the Public Improvement Commission to abandon City of Boston rights of public travel in an approximately 51,177 square foot parcel of land formerly comprising “Hospital Road,” a private way open to public travel, and located in the vicinity of Overlook Park (a.k.a. Fidelis Way Park) in Brighton, Massachusetts, as shown on a plan in two sheets entitled “City of Boston Public Works Department Engineering Division Abandonment Plan Hospital Road Brighton” dated September 4, 2020, prepared by Feldman Land Surveyors, Inc.
- Vote to ratify the naming of the new off-leash dog area at Garvey Playground in Dorchester, for Gerald “Jerry” Cunningham.
- Vote to ratify the naming of the athletic field at Thomas J. Roberts Playground in Dorchester, for Keith Love.
- Vote to ratify a vote of the City Council that was taken in 1969 to name the playground at Hooker and Sorrento Streets in Brighton, for James H. Roberts.
- Update on the Community Preservation Act 2020-2021.
Commissioner: Ryan Woods
Associate Commissioners: Elisa Birdseye, Anne Connolly, Christopher Cook,
William Epperson, Leonard Lee, David Queeley
Executive Secretary: Carrie Marsh Dixon / Chief Landscape Architect: Liza Meyer