Public Improvement Commission Hearing
To encourage social distancing, all project teams and most Commission members will be participating in this hearing from remote locations. Hearing participants will be digitally connected in real time courtesy of the City’s Department of Innovation & Technology. Members of the public who wish to participate in the hearing are strongly encouraged to do so remotely; the hearing will continue to be televised and may also be streamed online via Boston TV. Those members of the public that are unable or choose not to participate remotely should report to City Hall room 801 at the time of the hearing. All visitors to City Hall will have their temperatures taken and will be required to wear protective face coverings. Written testimony for all agenda items will continue to be accepted via email; testimony should be directed to PIC@boston.gov
All project team members who intend to join their project's presentation, as well as any City staff representatives or members of the public who wish to remotely offer testimony, should complete the short (four question) request form available here: https://forms.gle/83EX1ZSNcYDGPX6T9
1. At the request of the Public Improvement Commission staff, the Acceptance of the Minutes of the PIC hearing held on July 8, 2021.
1. On a petition by Verizon New England Inc. for a Grant of Location with lead company status and no participants to install new telecommunication conduit with City shadow within Hancock Street (public way), Dorchester, located generally between address no. 233 and Dorchester Avenue.
(NB 7/8/2021) As shown on a plan entitled “City of Boston Public Works Department, Engineering Division, Grant of Location Plan, Verizon, 233 Hancock Street, Dorchester,” 1 sheet dated October 1, 2020.
2. On a petition by TC Systems Inc. for a Grant of Location with lead company status and no participants to install new telecommunication conduit with City shadow within the following public ways in Boston Proper:
Dartmouth Street – generally address no. 287, between Public Alley no. 435 and Commonwealth Avenue;
Public Alley no. 435 – northeast of Dartmouth Street.
(NB 7/8/2021) As shown on a plan entitled “City of Boston Public Works Department, Engineering Division, Grant of Location Plan, Proposed Lateral Microduct Placement, Dartmouth Street at Public Alley 435, City of Boston,” 1 sheet dated January 19, 2021 (Revised June 30, 2021).
1. 609-685 Commonwealth Avenue; Boston Proper – Grant of Location – On a petition by TC Systems Inc.
2. Boylston Street, Fairfield Street, Gloucester Street; Boston Proper – Specific Repairs – On a petition by the City of Boston Public Works Department
3. Terrace Place; Roxbury – Abandonment – On a joint petition by Bellerose Terrace LLC and Mr. Matthew O’Hara
4. Forsyth Street, Huntington Avenue; Roxbury – Grant of Location – On a petition by Crown Castle Fiber
5. 1300 Centre Street; West Roxbury – Grant of Location – On a petition by Crown Castle Fiber