Boston Landmarks Commission Hearing
Design Review - 4:00pm
23.0116.0005– Boston Public Garden, Boston, MA: At sidewalk along Charles Street replace existing street light pole with DAS Node.
23.0117.0005– Boston Public Garden, Boston, MA: At sidewalk along Charles Street replace existing street light pole with DAS Node.
23.0139.0056– Back Bay Fens, 1250 Boylston Street, Boston, MA: At sidewalk along Boylston Street replace existing street light pole with DAS Node.
23.0237.0004 – Boston Common, 139 Tremont Street, Boston, MA: At “The Embrace” and 1965 Freedom Rally Memorial Plaza install signage elements and founder recognition specifically through gateway marker signs and engraved curbing stone.
23.0112.0265 – Old North Church, 193 Salem Street, Boston, MA (CONTINUED FROM 8-23-2022): Build an accessibility ramp that bypasses the steps along the Freedom Trail at the Old North Church campus. The ramp will begin at the top of the current set of stairs southwest of the building, cut through one of Old North Church's gardens, connect to the rear door of the 1715 Clough House, and end with a connection to city property.WITHDRAWN BY APPLICANT
23.0043 HP – 63 Beech Glen Street: Renovation and addition of an existing detached single family house to be converted to a two family house.
23.0226.0224 – Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square, Boston, MA: HVAC system upgrades at roof that includes installation of air handling units and exposed trunk ductwork.
Administrative Review/Approval Applications
23.0153.0056 Back Bay Fens, 59 Fenway, Boston, MA: At roof of Fire Department Building replace existing exhaust vent.
23.0251.0224 Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Plaza, Boston, MA: At Congress Street elevation removal and storage of area of delaminated brick.
23.0235.0004 Boston Common, 139 Tremont Street, Boston, MA: Installation of bollards at the entrances of the pathway along the Central Burying Ground's northwest boundary to protect tombs from collapsing.
23.0233.0229 Charles River Esplanade, Boston, MA: Installation of pavement markings at: Massachusetts Avenue Ramp T-intersection; Esplanade Playspace Playground 4-Way intersection; and pathway intersections and ramps surrounding the Fanny Appleton Footbridge.
23.0131.0223 Christian Science Center Complex – 210 Massachusetts Avenue, Boston, MA: At roof of Christian Science Publishing House replace nine antennas and 6 radio heads at existing wireless facility.
23.0236.0141 Sears Building, 401 Park Drive, Boston, MA: Convert double-door opening at Brookline Avenue Façade into storefront window.
23.0164.0052 United Shoe Machinery Company Building, 160 Federal Street, Boston, MA: Replace joint sealants and repair masonry.
23.0146 BV 22 Church Street: Replace three fifth-story one-over-one non-historic wood windows in-kind.
23.0187 BV 6 Edgerly Place: Repair and repaint wood trim at first-story.
23.0188 BV 19 Fayette Street: At side elevation replace five windows and one patio door in-kind with Andersen Wood Composite windows and door that match the design of the existing elements.
23.0224 BSR 72 Bay State Road: At front façade install railing at entry steps.
23.0178 BSR 60 Charlesgate West: Repair masonry, and replace black rubber membrane roof and roof deck in-kind.
Business Hearing - 6:00pm
1. Discussion and Vote on Design Review Applications. The Design Review Committee will present summaries of applications and make recommendations for a vote on each agenda item discussed at the Design Review Hearing, which met earlier.
2. Designation Hearing and Vote on Petition #214.05 – Blessed Sacrament Complex, 361 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain, MA
3. Designation Hearing and Vote on Petition #274.21 - Mt. Calvary Holy Church / Congregation Shara Tfilo Synagogue Campus (9-19 Otisfield Street) Roxbury, MA
4. Advisory Review – Mission Church Complex, 1545 Tremont Street/80-100 Smith Street, Roxbury, MA: Redevelopment project to include demolition of existing buildings at 80 and 100 Smith Street (previously approved in 2005) and construction of two apartment buildings.
5. Review and ratification of public hearing minutes from 9-13-2022.
6. Staff Updates