Boston Landmarks Commission
Design Review - 4:00pm
23.0388.0005 – Boston Public Garden, Boston, MA: The Restoration of the Child Fountains and landscape improvements to the Arlington Street entrance.
23.0376.0224 – Boston City Hall, Boston, MA: At the mezzanine of the entrance lobby, provide a new glass code complaint guard rail system at the 4th floor mezzanine railing as part of the accessible lift project.
FINAL REVIEW OF DETAILS FOR THE DOORS AND FINISHES – APPROVED WITH PROVISOS 8-23-2022
Install an elevator within the Sunday School Building (235 Huntington Avenue). The proposed elevator vestibule and elevator door opening occupies the currently exterior arched passage at the northeast corner of the building.
CONTUNUED FROM 8-23-2022
Build an accessibility ramp that bypasses the steps along the Freedom Trail at the Old North Church campus. The ramp will begin at the top of the current set of stairs southwest of the building, cut through one of Old North Church's gardens, connect to the rear door of the 1715 Clough House, and end with a connection to city property.
REVISED AND UPDATED PLANS - APPROVED WITH PROVISOS 8-23-2022
Proposed adaptive reuse of the Blessed Sacrament Church that will create 55 new affordable and workforce apartments. Project also includes a 250+ capacity multipurpose community space and exterior landscaped spaces for community use.
23.0348.0095 Pope-Cahner’s Building, 221 Columbus Avenue, Boston, MA: Repair, re-point and clean masonry, replace sealants, and repair and repaint wood and cast iron elements.
23.0370.0178 South Market Building – 100-199 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA: Replace three fabric banners on existing brackets.
Business Hearing - 6:00pm
1. Discussion and Vote on Design Review Applications.
2. Public hearing and comment on #101. 85 Tremont Temple (78-88 Tremont Street) Boston, MA Study Report.
3. Vote on survey rating category – Hotel Buckminster (The Buckminster) 635-645 Beacon Street, Kenmore Square - Fenway
4. Preliminary hearing for petition #288.22 – Hotel Buckminster (The Buckminster) 635-645 Beacon Street, Kenmore Square - Fenway
5. Review and Discussion of Boston Landmarks Commission Statement of Commission Member Goals and Priorities
6. Review and ratification of public hearing minutes from 10-25-2022.
7. Staff Updates