Prospective homebuyers and homeowners attended workshops and met with the more than 45 lenders, realtors, and partner agencies.
If you were one of those who attended, or were one of the lenders, realtors or partners agencies, we'd like to thank you for making the Expo a success.
If you were not able to make it to the Expo, we'd like to remind you that the Boston Home Center continues to offer a variety of workshops and classes to help both homebuyers and homeowners. Look for current workshops on our classes page.
Talking to Lenders and Realtors
One great advantage of the Housing Expo is that you have the opportunity to meet with a number of lenders and realtors, including some you may not have even known about! The Expo also gives you the chance to compare one lender or realtor with another.
If you’ve never met with a lender or realtor before, you may not be sure what to say. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of common questions. These are just suggestions; you can substitute your own questions.
QUESTIONS FOR LENDERS
- Where should I start? What should be my next step?
- How much do I qualify for?
- How do I know I am getting the best mortgage?
- I want to have a payment no higher than $1500 per month. Is that possible?
- Do I need any savings or is there a zero % down payment with low closing costs?
QUESTIONS FOR REALTORS
- Why do I need a realtor?
- Do I have to have a home inspection? (What if I do not buy the house; it's a waste of my money.)
- Can you help me if I do not buy in the City?
- Do you have listings in the area I'm interested in?
- Do you have or have you sold affordable/deed-restricted properties?