Centre Street Design Project
Centre Street, from Spring Street to West Roxbury Parkway, is in the heart of the West Roxbury Main Streets district. But, it can be challenging to cross the street or ride a bike to access schools, the library, and local businesses.
Having walk- and bike-friendly Main Streets districts was the top-voted project in Go Boston 2030. To that end, we're creating a plan to calm traffic on Centre Street. We want to make it safer for people to walk, ride a bike, and drive.
Community and Stakeholder Engagement
We have started engaging with businesses, community groups, local associations, and other interested parties about the proposed Centre Street design.
We will strive to ensure that public concerns and aspirations are reflected in the design. We will also offer feedback on how public input influenced the decision. An updated design will be shared with the community late fall.
- September 23, 7:30 p.m. at the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council Meeting (open to the public), Boston Police District E-5 Community Room, 1708 Centre Street
- September 17, 4 - 7 p.m. at Boston Police District E-5 Community Room, 1708 Centre Street
- September 12, from 8 - 11 a.m. at Local 338 Bagels and Coffee, 1727 Centre Street
- August 21, from 4 - 8 p.m. at the BCYF Roche Family Community Center, 1716 Centre Street
- August 15, from 8 - 11 a.m. at Local 338 Bagels and Coffee, 1727 Centre Street
The project area consists of Centre Street, from Spring Street to the West Roxbury Parkway.