Please make sure to research moving companies and check what they will charge you:
- All Massachusetts movers need to get licensed with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities.
- You can search the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) website for registered movers if you’re heading out of state.
- Keep a detailed list of what you're packing, and keep anything of value with you.
- Most movers will pay you back if something gets damaged. Check with the company to see what type of insurance they have.
- Find out what you need to pay before you sign anything, and make sure you understand your contract with the mover.
- If you want information on storing items, contact the Massachusetts Department of Public Safety at 617-727-3200. They regulate the industry.
- Unhappy with a moving company? Try to resolve the issue with them first. If they don't cooperate, call us at 617-635-3483.