Boston Food Access Council
The Boston Food Access Council (BFAC) brings community and stakeholder voices together to create access to affordable, just, culturally connected, healthy, and sustainable food in Boston. The work of the BFAC will include initiatives working toward this goal in areas such as:
- improving access to healthy and affordable foods
- reducing the amount of food wasted in homes and restaurants
- supporting local food producers and food businesses
Upcoming meeting dates
The Boston Food Access Council meets every quarter. That means meetings are held four times each calendar year. Read more below on ways to get involved.Please try to RSVP
You don’t need to register to attend these meetings. But, we do appreciate RSVPs so that we can plan ahead. Want to join us at a meeting? Please email email@example.com, or call 617-635-3717.
Ways to get involvedWays to get involved
This is our most basic level of involvement. Voice your opinion and help set the Boston Food Access Council agenda.
You can become a voting member and vote in Steering Committee elections by attending two of the four previous meetings.
Office of Food Access
Boston City Hall, 1 City Hall Square, Room 806
Boston, MA 02201
Take a hands on approach and join us for our working groups. You can help support and put in place the council’s agenda in working groups focused on specific action areas. We’ll add information upcoming sessions to this page.
Help lead the council in meeting its goals. As a member of the committee, you’ll create, facilitate, and dissolve working groups.
Office of Food Access, Boston City Hall
1 City Hall Square, Room 806
Boston, MA 02201
- Our next vote will be December 4, 2019. Applications for the Steering Committee are due November 8, 2019.
- To qualify to run for a Steering Committee seat, you must qualify as a voting member. (If unsure please reach out to us at BostonFoodAccessCouncil@boston.gov)