Healthy Incentives Program
Earn more SNAP dollars with the Healthy Incentives Program.
In Massachusetts, all SNAP shoppers can take part in the Healthy Incentives Program (HIP). If you get SNAP benefits, you can earn an instant, dollar-for-dollar match on your EBT card when you buy fresh fruits and vegetables. You can take part in the program at participating farmers market locations!
Have questions? Please contact us:
About the program
It's easy to earn through the Healthy Incentives Program.
Funds are added to your EBT card right away. You can spend the incentive you earn as you shop, or save it for other SNAP eligible foods.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (cut or whole)
- Frozen fruits and vegetables
- Seeds and plants to grow at home
- Fresh herbs and nuts (no added salt, sugar, or fat)
- Pickled fruits and vegetables, and
- apple sauce.
The incentive benefit has a monthly cap based on the size of your household:
- For 1-2 people, you can earn up to $40 per month
- For 3 - 5 people, you can earn up to $60 per month
- For 6 and more people, you can earn up to $80 per month.
Farmers Markets in Boston
Find out more information about Farmers Markets in the City. If you’re a farmers market and you want to become a program retailer, please contact us.
Partners and funders
The Office of Food Justice financially supports the Healthy Incentives Program. We’re able to do this through the annual BostonCANshare campaign, and the generosity of our CANshare Sponsors.