Volunteering OpportunitiesVolunteering Opportunities
The emergency food pantry also offers other services. You would help stock and prepare food. They have a need for bilingual volunteers who can speak Spanish.
Wednesdays from 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
This pantry has various volunteering opportunities available. The best way to inquire about open volunteer slots is to contact the volunteer coordinator by email.
Daily Table is a nonprofit, community grocery store providing fresh, nutritious food at affordable prices. Online SNAP/EBT shopping with free delivery within two (2) miles of stores.
Volunteer shifts are from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 12 - 3 p.m., and 3 - 6 p.m. Groups are also welcome (but no more than 4 people during a "shift"). Due to COVID-19, we require all volunteers to be vaccinated. Find out more about Daily Table volunteering.
Our mission is to feed, shelter, and assist the recovery and self-care of the hungry and homeless in our community. We work to do this without judgement or exclusivity. Currently we distribute over 500 bags/boxes of groceries a week to those suffering from food insecurity in East Boston. We also support those suffering from homelessness by providing:
- 150 hot meal vouchers a week to local restaurants,
- care packages with clothing and toiletries,
- connections to further resources
Mondays: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. (preparing bags/boxes of groceries and working with our homeless community)
Tuesdays: 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. (distributing food through the food pantry program.
Food Donation Pickup: Varies
Food Delivery: Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The Neighborhood Food Action Collaborative (NFAC) is a group of community organizations and members addressing food insecurity in our neighborhoods.
- Hyde Park Food Pop-up: 715 River Street, Hyde Park (Fridays)
- FAVOR (Food Access Volunteers Of Roslindale): Washington Beech and Archdale Apartments (Fridays)
- Roslindale Food Collective: Irving Middle School (Sundays)
- Sign up for a shift here.
One of the largest emergency food providers in Boston. Volunteers put together and hand out bags of groceries. They need Spanish, Russian, Cantonese, and Mandarin speakers.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
The Asian food pantry provides cultural food at the Arlington Street Church downtown. Volunteers help carry, unpack, and hand out food
- Second Friday of each month from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Second Saturday of each month from 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
They offer outreach and other services to homeless women in Boston and Cambridge. Volunteers can help with outreach efforts, at the drop-in center, or at the arts community.
- Van outreach is on Wednesday and Thursday nights.
- Help with homeless youths at the art center is on Tuesdays.
- Help at the drop-in center is on Mondays and Thursdays.