Immigrant Professionals Fellowship
Immigrant professionals face many challenges to work in healthcare in the United States. Many have previous experience from other countries but struggle to find work in the same career here. At the same time, the healthcare industry needs the skills and diversity of immigrants to reduce racial disparities. This fellowship helps bridge that gap and places foreign-trained professionals into paid fellowships with leading hospitals in Greater Boston.
- Fellows first go through a free, pre-placement training with African Bridge Network.
- Fellows are then assigned a paid, three-month position with a leading hospital in Greater Boston.
- The hospital placements are non-clinical.
- The placements pay $20 an hour for up to 30 hours a week.
- Due to COVID-19, hospital placements may be in-person, hybrid, or remote.
- There are 25 spots available. As a co-sponsor of this fellowship, the City of Boston holds 15 spots for Boston residents.
- Identify as an immigrant
- Able to legally work in Boston
- Commit 30 hours per week
- Provide proof of higher education (more than high school equivalency)
- Have previous experience in healthcare
- English proficiency
Applications have reopened for the Immigrant Professionals Fellowship. Apply by April 29, 2022.
Fellows will be notified throughout April. Pre-placement training begin in May and hospital placements begin in August and September.