New technology offers more chances to connect City government and its citizens. Government must not only deliver basic services, but also create an open culture of civic action and dialog.
We’re looking to find ways to make civic engagement more meaningful for more people by:
- trying new programs that engage and empower the community
- making government more transparent through data and storytelling
- finding new ideas and talent through local research and design communities
- using analog as well as digital tools to engage with people
- getting more people involved, with a focus on quality conversations, and
- viewing play and the unexpected as features, not bugs, in our work.