Fall Drive-in Movie Series
Grab your popcorn, favorite Halloween costume, and get ready for the City of Boston’s spookiest Drive-in Movie Series yet. This series is made possible by support from the Highland Street Foundation and XFinity, in partnership with the Age Strong Commision, and our host site, the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
Ticketing and safety informationTicketing and safety info
- Reservations are FREE. All event attendees must pre-register through an RSVP on Eventbrite.
- No drive-ups to the gate without prior RSVP will be admitted.
- Please print your event RSVP or be able to show an email confirmation on your phone to City of Boston staff upon arrival. Attendees must wear a mask when interacting with staff.
- Do not arrive before the published gate open time. There will be no early entry.
We ask that all attendees follow these guidelines. We want to ensure the safety of all guests and our ability to continue to offer this series to the community.
- Please follow City of Boston staff and volunteers for directions to your parking space.
- Parking lights only when entering the parking lot! Please review your car manual for instructions on shutting off any "daytime" running lights. Patrons are responsible for covering any vehicle lights that can not be turned off.
- All car horns and alarms must be OFF upon entering and stay off until you have exited.
- Each driver is responsible for maintaining a speed of 5 miles per hour while entering, exiting, and traveling throughout the drive-in parking lot. Speed violations will result in expulsion from the drive-in.
- You will be parked at least six feet away from a neighboring car to allow for social distancing.
- You must wear a mask anytime you leave your vehicle.
- We kindly ask that you please stay only with the group from your vehicle and do not congregate in large groups with other attendees you did not arrive with.
- Food vendors will be available onsite.
- When waiting in line for a food vendor or the portable restroom, please maintain social distancing and wait six feet apart from others. Hand washing stations will be on site.
- Restrooms will be frequently cleaned throughout the evening by an attendant.
- Out of respect for other attendees (and the environment!), please do not idle your car. No engine running, no smoking, no cooking, no littering, no alcoholic beverages, and no weapons.
- All trash is carry in and carry out.
- At all times when out of your car, please wear a face covering.
- Attendees must remain in their vehicles at all times, except when purchasing concessions or using the restroom facilities.
- Audio will be broadcast through an FM Transmitter (aka through your own car radio). If your car does not have FM radio, we recommend bringing one with you to the event. We can't provide them for you.
- Larger vehicles, vans, trucks, and SUVs are prohibited from parking in the first five (5) rows.
Thank you so much for your cooperation to make this free movie series a safe and fun event!
These guidelines were developed in partnership with the Boston Public Health Commission, in accordance with the State of Massachusetts guidelines for safe reopening.
About the series
This Drive-in Movie Series will include double-feature showings over three nights in October, as well as a special matinee viewing with the Age Strong Commission. This series is free, family-friendly, and open to Boston residents only on a first-come, first-served basis. All event attendees must pre-register through an RSVP through Eventbrite in order to reserve your spot.