Improvements to Copley Square Park
Copley Square Park is located in the heart of Back Bay. For many years, Copley has been a gathering place for Boston residents and visitors.
Also known as “Art Square,” Copley is flanked by historically and culturally significant buildings. Copley Square hosts:
- Boston’s First Night festival
- the Boston Marathon
- weekly farmers markets, and
- numerous other events.
The park has a fountain and stage, a plaza, gardens, and lawn areas. There are also a number of memorials located throughout the square, as well as passive seating areas.
- Project status: Design
- Project features: Memorial, Passive use, Fountain
- Project budget: To be determined (Budget not finalized; looking at a range of costs)
- Consultant: Sasaki
- Contractor: To be determined