Improvements to McConnell Playground
The comprehensive park renovation will include the play lot, fields, passive spaces, parking, utility improvements, and improved access.
McConnell Playground is a well loved destination for playing ball. The upcoming renovations will look at improvements to the entire park.
Project location:McConnell Park
30 Denny Street
- Project status: In construction
- Construction budget: $5,500,000
- Project features: Baseball, multi-use field, playground, passive use
- Consultant: Weston & Sampson Engineers, Inc.
- Contractor: Fleming Brothers, Inc.
McConnell Park site plan
View the site plan for the project:McConnell Park site plan
(Photo credit: Weston and Sampson, Inc.)
Upcoming meetingsUpcoming meetings
Community Meetings archive
We place information on upcoming and previous meetings in the public notices section of Boston.gov. We'll update this page with information as it becomes available.
- McConnell Playground community meeting (May 23, 2017)
- McConnell Playground community meeting (January 25, 2018)
- McConnell Playground community meeting (October 30, 2018)
- McConnell Playground drop-in office hours (June 1, 2021) (Watch the video)