Improvements to Titus Sparrow Park
The park presently includes play equipment and a large lawn area with ornamental trees and shrubs at the perimeter. There's also an amphitheater and small performance area, and basketball and tennis courts. The project scope includes:
- improved accessibility to site features
- renovation of the play area and new play equipment with resilient surfacing
- the possible addition of exercise equipment and water play
- improved drainage
- tennis court renovation
- introduction of pervious pavement in the basketball court
- additional lighting, and
- masonry restoration.
This will be a renovation, not a wholesale redesign.
- Status: Planning
- Project features: Amphitheater, basketball, playground, tennis, waterplay (tentative)
- Construction budget: $1,750,000
- Consultant: Halvorson/Tighe and Bond Studio
- Contractor: To be decided