On the South Boston Waterfront at Children's Wharf (Fort Point), adjacent to the Boston Children’s Museum, Boston Parks and Recreation Department (BPRD) has engaged Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates to design a universally accessible park to provide enjoyment for generations of Boston's children, families and visitors. The beautiful setting will include an accessible playground and passive open space honoring the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombings, Martin W. Richard. The park will be renamed Martin's Park.
- Project Status: Construction
- Construction Budget: $7,000,000
- Project features: Playground, passive use, water play
- Consultant: Michael VanValkenburgh Associates, Inc.
- Contractor: To be determined
We place information on upcoming and previous meetings in the public notices section of Boston.gov.
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #1 (February 10, 2016)
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #2 (April 11, 2016)
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #3 (October 20, 2016)