We're designing an accessible park to provide enjoyment for generations of Boston's children, families, and visitors. The park location is on the South Boston Waterfront, next to the Children's Museum. The beautiful setting will include an accessible playground and passive open space.
The park honors the youngest victim of the Boston Marathon bombings, Martin W. Richard. The park will be renamed Martin's Park.
- Project Status: Construction
- Construction Budget: $7,000,000
- Project features: Playground, passive use, water play
- Consultant: Michael VanValkenburgh Associates, Inc.
- Contractor: To be determined
We place information on upcoming and previous meetings in the public notices section of Boston.gov.
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #1 (February 10, 2016)
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #2 (April 11, 2016)
- Children's Wharf Park Community Meeting #3 (October 20, 2016)