Commonwealth Avenue Phase 3 and 4
The area is both a multi-modal transit corridor and a home for thousands. Our redesign features:
- separated bicycle facilities
- improved sidewalks and crosswalks
- better access to the MBTA Green Line
- enhanced historic landscape features, and
- innovative sustainable features.
We also plan to redesign the Commonwealth Avenue and Harvard Avenue intersection. This will be the centerpiece of our project. Our goal is to revitalize this busy commercial and transit hub. We want to maximize pedestrian space and amenities.
We're creating a more livable, multi-modal, and sustainable street. Everyone will be able to safely use this signature Boston boulevard.