Hands on training in for green industries
PowerCorpsBOS is a green jobs program. It provides young adults with training, career readiness support, and connections to employers in the green industry. An “earn and learn” program, PowerCorpsBOS pays members to participate in hands-on training that prepares them for living-wage careers.
Have questions? Contact us:
To be eligible to join PowerCorpsBOS, you should:
- Be 18-30 years old Be a Boston resident
- Have your high school diploma or its equivalent (GED/HiSET)
- Be unemployed or underemployed and not in college or on a career track
- Have an interest in outdoor, hands-on training
Priority populations include returning citizens, court-involved residents, youth who have experienced homelessness or housing instability, young people who have been in foster care, and other marginalized communities.
Applications are closed for this season. Sign up to get notifications for our next cohort!
How it Works
Over the course of its 6-month training program, PowerCorpsBOS teaches Corps members a variety of transferable soft skills and technical forestry skills. These skills can be used in the green industry and beyond. For their commitment, Corps members are paid $15.75/hour at 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday, 8:30-3:30) and also receive a monthly T pass.
Training components include:
- Native and invasive plant identification
- Environmental conservation
- Parks maintenance
- General labor operations
- OSHA safety certification
- Career readiness
- Resume writing and interviewing
In addition to this training, members also receive support services and job placement assistance.