The Office of Oral Health aims to connect local residents with high quality, accessible, reliable, and affordable dental services. We exist to improve and protect dental health, overall wellbeing, and reduce health inequalities for Boston’s residents. We believe all residents should have access to accurate oral health information, innovative program support, training and educational resources. Our office works with external partners to focus on reducing the oral health care gaps for Boston's most vulnerable populations.
How we can help
Boston Oral Health Improvement PlanImprovement Plan
Boston has many oral health resources including:
- Three medical and dental schools
- A dental hygiene school
- Several foundations
- Several community centers
Despite these resources, there are critical oral health disparities. Our Office of Oral Health developed a comprehensive and coordinated plan of action to address this gap.
The activities of the Oral Health Improvement Plan include:
- Implement an oral health surveillance system
- Create a city-based oral health coalition
- Develop a “Burden of Oral Disease” report
- Develop a City of Boston Oral Health Improvement Plan
- Expand partnerships and secure funding and support
- Implement the City of Boston Oral Health Improvement Workplan
Is your organization looking for free dental or oral health information? Do you need supplies like toothbrushes, toothpaste or floss? Are you interested in presentations or trainings on a dental or oral health topic?
The Office of Oral Health provides access to information about:
- Oral health gaps in Boston
- Improving Oral Health in Boston
- Interprofessional education and training
- Trainings and presentations