Youth ages 13-14 gain high-quality service learning and leadership experience during July and August.COVID-19 CURRENT STATUS:
- Closures: All BCYF community centers are closed for in-person programming and recreation.
- Meal distribution: Select BCYF locations are meal pick-up sites only. You can learn more and find a location online.
About the program
The BCYF SuperTeens Program is a six-week leadership program for 13 and 14 year olds.
While the 2020 summer program will look much different due to the current public health crisis, BCYF is committed to providing this critical enrichment program for youth in a virtual environment.
Youth in the SuperTeens Program will have the opportunity to:
- Be mentored by BCYF staff throughout the summer;
- Participate in online webinars and professional development workshops that will highlight employment skills;
- Participate in weekly social and recreational activities including virtual group field trips to museums around the world, virtual escape rooms, and online challenges that include design and journalism activities;
- Earn their first paycheck in the form of a stipend;
- Engage in activities that encourage civic engagement and physical health and wellness.
- develop new skills, make new friends and have a fun summer
- attend workshops and educational activities to prepare for success in school and in future jobs
- enjoy weekly virtual social and recreational activities; and
- receive a stipend at the end of the program if they complete all required activities and meet attendance goals.
This is a great program and we are always looking to have new, energetic teens join our team!
The SuperTeens program is sponsored by Comcast and The Foundation for BCYF, and is generously supported by MassHousing, MCCA, NBT II Foundation, and The Boston Foundation.
- Proof of residency in City of Boston (for example, Boston Public Schools report card, landline phone, gas, cable, or electric bill.)
- Copy of your Social Security Card
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Completed W-9 form
- The SuperTeens Program runs for six weeks, from July 6 - August 14.
- You must be at least 13 years old and no older than 14 by the start of the program on Monday, July 6.
- Participants receive a stipend at the end of the summer for the successful completion of the SuperTeens Program (at least 80% attendance).
Thank you for your interest in the BCYF SuperTeens Summer Leadership Program. Our program has reached capacity for the Summer of 2020. You may fill out the information form and if there is a cancellation we may be able to invite your child to participate.