About the program
The BCYF SuperTeens Program is a six-week leadership program for 13 and 14 year olds.
Our program focuses on opportunities to enhance communication, collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving.
Youth in the SuperTeens Program will have the opportunity to:
- be mentored by BCYF staff throughout the summer
- participate in webinars and professional development workshops that will highlight employment skills
- participate in weekly in-person social and recreational activities, including field trips to museums and challenges that include design activities
- earn a stipend at the conclusion of the program, and
- engage in activities that encourage civic engagement and physical health and wellness.
Participants in SuperTeens:
- develop new skills, make new friends, and have a fun summer
- attend workshops and educational activities to prepare for success in school and in future jobs
- enjoy weekly virtual social and recreational activities, and
- receive a stipend at the end of the program if they complete all required activities and meet attendance goals.
This is a great program and we are always looking to have new, energetic teens join our team!
end of summer event:
An End of Summer Celebration is usually held in August. The entire program is invited to this special event where awards and special recognitions will be presented to participants along with their stipends.
The SuperTeens program is generously supported by The Foundation for BCYF.
You must be prepared to give us:
- Proof of residency in City of Boston (for example, Boston Public Schools report card, landline phone, gas, cable, or electric bill)
- Copy of your Social Security Card
- Copy of your Birth Certificate
- Completed W-9 form
- The SuperTeens Program runs for six weeks.
- You must be at least 13 years old and no older than 14 by the start of the program.
- You may not be working for SuccessLink/DYEE while in the program.
- Participants receive a stipend at the end of the summer for the successful completion of the SuperTeens Program (at least 80% attendance).
The BCYF SuperTeens Summer Leadership Program often reaches capacity very quickly. When this happens we will provide a waitlist in the event that additional slots become available. All registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis.