2022 Saint Patrick's Day Parade Traffic Advisory
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade, as well as the South Boston Boys and Girls Club Road Race, will be held in South Boston on Sunday, March 20, 2022. The parade and road race will result in street closures and traffic detours in South Boston and reduce on-street parking availability.
Those coming into South Boston for the festivities are strongly encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on the MBTA may be found at on the MBTA website, and information on BlueBikes, the regional bike share system, may be found on the BlueBikes website. The parade kicks off at 1 p.m. and will start at West Broadway, to East Broadway, ending at Farragut Road. Broadway will be closed to traffic from approximately 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Saint Patrick’s Day Road Race begins on West Sixth Street at the Boys & Girls Club at 11 a.m. and will end at noon. Traffic will be delayed along the route as runners make their way to the finish line.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows:
- Dorchester Avenue, both sides, from Gillette Park to Old Colony Avenue
- Foundry Street, both sides, from Greenbaum Street to Dorchester Avenue
- West Second Street, both sides, from Dorchester Avenue
- A Street, both sides, from Binford Street to West Second Street
- Binford Street, both sides, from A Street heading northwesterly to end at 45 Binford
- West Fourth Street, both sides, from Dorchester Avenue to B Street
- West Broadway, both sides, from Dorchester Avenue to Dorchester Street
- East Broadway, both sides, from Dorchester Street to P Street
- Farragut Road, both sides, from East Sixth Street to East First Street
- Summer Street, Financial District, Atlantic Avenue to the MBTA bus stop near 245 Summer Street
- Summer Street, South Boston, East First Street to the end of 776 Summer Street
- E Street, from West Broadway to Athens Street
- L Street, from East Third Street to East Broadway
Delays due to Boys & Girls Club Race route are expected as follows:
- West Sixth Street, both sides, from F Street to Dorchester Street
- F Street, odd side, West Sixth Street to Bowen Street