Boston Traffic Advisory for August 11 - August 14
August 9, 2016
The Madonna Della Cava Feast in the North End, the Dominican Parade in the Back Bay and Downtown, and the August Moon Festival in Chinatown, will all take place over the upcoming weekend.
Madonna Della Cava Feast
The Madonna Della Cava Feast will begin on Thursday, August 11, and last throughout the weekend. Streets to be closed to traffic are Hanover Street, between Charter and Commercial Streets, and Battery Street, between Hanover and Commercial Streets, during the days and times noted below.
- Thursday, from 9 a.m. – 12 a.m.
- Friday, from 12 p.m.– 12 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, from 11 a.m.to 12 a.m.
“No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Thursday through Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows
- Hanover Street, both sides, Charter Street to Commercial Street
- Battery Street, both sides, Hanover Street to Commercial Street
- Commercial Street, even side, from Henchman Street to Battery Street
The Dominican Parade
The Dominican Parade will take place on Sunday, August 14. Boylston Street will be closed to traffic between Massachusetts Avenue and Exeter Street, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. for set-up, and the full parade route will be closed through approximately 3:30 p.m.
At 12 Noon the parade will begin with 5,000 marchers starting on Boylston Street at Dartmouth Street, proceeding along Boylston Street, turning left onto Tremont Street, and continuing onto Cambridge Street to City Hall Plaza, where the Dominican Festival will take place.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect at the following locations.
- Boylston street, both sides, from Dalton Street to Tremont Street
- Dalton Street, both sides, from Belvidere Street to Boylston Street
- Tremont Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Cambridge Street
- Cambridge Street, both sides, from Tremont Street to New Chardon Street, excluding any HP spaces
- New Chardon Street, both sides, from Cambridge Street to Congress Street
The August Moon Festival
The August Moon Festival will take place on Sunday, August 14. The following streets will be closed to traffic on Sunday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.. “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect at these same locations.
- Beach Street, from J.F. Fitzgerald Expressway Surface Road to Washington Street
- Harrison Avenue, from Essex Street to Kneeland Street
- Hudson Street, from Kneeland Street to Beach Street
- Oxford Street, from Beach Street to Essex Street
- Tyler Street, from Kneeland Street to Beach Street
Other events that will impact traffic and parking
Saturday, August 13
- Maple Street, Dorchester, closed to traffic from Schuyler Street to Sonoma Street, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., for a neighborhood event.
- Tampa Street, Boston, closed to traffic from #4 to #61 Tampa Street, from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., for a neighborhood event.
- Vesta Road, Dorchester, closed to traffic from Blue Hill Avenue to Harvard Street, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. , for a neighborhood event.
- Perham Street, West Roxbury, closed to traffic from Vermont Street to Sherbrook Street, from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. , for a neighborhood event.
- Folsom Street, Dorchester, closed to traffic from Dudley Street to Harlow Streets, from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Brent Street, Dorchester, from Joseph Street to Wainwright Street, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, August 14
Marion Street, East Boston, closed to traffic from Trenton street to Lexington Street, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., for a Vietnamese Mother’s Day Celebration
Webster Street, Hyde Park, closed to traffic from Central Avenue to River Street, from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., for a Health Fair/Back to School Celebration Fun Day