Boston Traffic Advisory for August 25 - August 29
August 22, 2016
The St. Anthony – St. Lucy ’s Feast in the North End, and the Caribbean Carnival in Dorchester and Roxbury, will impact traffic and parking on local streets. BTD suggests that people attending these events refrain from driving their personal vehicles into the city. Information on Hubway, the regional bike-share service, may be found at www.thehubway.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round trip rather than a one-way ticket.
The St. Anthony – St. Lucy Feast will take place from Thursday through Monday. The following streets will be closed to traffic on these days from 9 AM – 12 AM:
- Endicott Street, between Cooper Street and Keany Square
- North Margin Street, entire street
- Thatcher Street, entire street.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Thursday through Monday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows:
- Cooper Street, Endicott Street to North Washington Street
- Endicott Street, Cooper Street to North Washington Street
- Thacher Street, North Washington Street to Prince Street
- North Margin Street, Cooper Street to Thacher Street
- North Washington Street, Thacher Street to Causeway Street.
The Caribbean Carnival will include two parades. The Jouvert Parade will begin at 6:30 AM on Talbot Avenue at Kerwin Street, and will proceed up Blue Hill Avenue to the Circuit Drive (Peabody Circle) entrance to Franklin Park. The Caribbean Carnival Parade will begin at 1 PM on Warren Street at Martin Luther King Boulevard and will proceed on Warren Street to Blue Hill Avenue, ending at the Circuit Drive (Peabody Circle) entrance to Franklin Park.
The Boston Police Department will begin redirecting traffic away from the Caribbean Carnival Parade route at 11 AM.
- Outbound (west) vehicle traffic on Columbia Road will be rerouted at Geneva Avenue with all traffic being directed to turn left (south) onto Geneva Avenue toward Bowdoin Street.
- Vehicle traffic on Blue Hill venue will be redirected at Blue Hill Avenue and Talbot Avenue with no traffic on Blue Hill Avenue toward American Legion Highway.
- At Blue Hill Avenue and American Legion Highway, all traffic will be directed onto Blue Hill Avenue (south) toward Talbot Avenue.
- Vehicle traffic on Columbus Avenue will be directed onto Walnut Avenue at the intersection of Columbus Avenue, Seaver Street and Walnut Avenue.
- No vehicle traffic will be allowed on Seaver Street toward Blue Hill Avenue.
Temporary "Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event" parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Talbot Avenue, Kerwin Street to Blue Hill Avenue
- Blue Hill Avenue, Harvard Street to Warren Street
- Dale Street, Walnut Avenue to #56 Dale Street, and Sherman Street to Warren Street
- Columbia Road, Blue Hill Avenue to Seaver Street
- Glenway Street, Blue Hill Avenue past Old Road to #11 Glenway
- Glenway Street, School Yard, along the fence abutting Glenway Street
- Martin Luther King Boulevard, Warren Street to Washington Street
- Old Road, Glenway Street to Columbia Road
- Seaver Street, Blue Hill Avenue to #280 Seaver Street
- Warren Street, from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Blue Hill Avenue
- Circuit Drive, Blue Hill Avenue to Morton Street
- Walnut Avenue, Franklin Park side, Seaver Street to Sigourney Street
- Sigourney Street, Franklin Park side, Walnut Avenue to Glen Road
- Walnut Avenue, both sides, Seaver Street to Park Lane