Calling local artists: 2021 holiday 'B' design contest
Show off your Boston pride and creativity in our third holiday Boston "B" contest!
Now in its third round, the Boston "B" Holiday Contest calls on local artists, students, and residents to reimagine our "B" logo to celebrate holidays and the cultural diversity of our City. We want to see B's that are a reflection of our community. Winning designs may be featured on the City of Boston's social media channels. You're only limited by your imagination!
Here is what you need to do to enter the contest:
- Choose your holiday! Make sure you choose a holiday we don't already have a design for. (You can review our existing holiday "B" collection.)
- Create an idea for a custom holiday "B"! We’re open to artists using any type of medium that can be digitized and used for social media (we can help you with this).
- Write up a paragraph explaining how your design represents the holiday you picked.
- Complete the application form.
This effort is a partnership between the Digital Team and the Mayor's Office of Arts and Culture. Members of the Digital Team and the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture will review each proposal. We will select projects based on the best creative expression of the represented holiday. We will work with the artists to finalize the designs.
- Last updated:
- Published by: Digital Services Team
Share your ideas
The deadline for Boston "B" logo proposals is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021.
- You must be an artist currently living in the City of Boston.
- You can send as many submissions as you like. You can only have one submission per holiday.
- The deadline for proposals is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021.
- All proposals and submissions must be digital and uploaded to Submittable.
- You must use our Boston "B" graphic.
- Other than the graphics, logos, and marks we provide you, all other content must be original.
- No offensive imagery. Including offensive material will automatically disqualify the work submitted by an artist.
Applying for the contest
- You own all of your work, no matter what. By proposing and submitting, you grant the City of Boston the right to display the work on our print and digital channels indefinitely.
- The City will be offering a stipend of $50 in addition to giving credit to artists for designs that are chosen.
- We will only be selecting one design for each holiday.
- There is no guarantee that by submitting a proposal your artwork will be shown by the City. We reserve the right to use chosen artwork across our media channels.
- If you see a holiday or significant event we missed, please let us know and feel free to submit for it.
- We accept proposals and artwork based on originality and execution of the spirit of the holiday selected. Here are some examples of designs we've released in the past.
- We’re open to artists using any type of medium that can be digitized and used for social media (we can help you with this).