City of Boston Traffic Advisory/Adidas Boost Boston Games on Saturday, June 18, 2016
June 15, 2016
The Adidas Boost Boston Games will take place on Saturday, June 18, on Charles Street in Boston, between the Boston Public Garden and the Boston Common. The following streets will be closed to traffic from 8 PM on Friday through 11:45 PM on Saturday.
- Charles Street, between Boylston Street and Beacon Street
- Boylston Street, between Charles Street and Tremont Street
“No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Friday 6 PM to Saturday 11:59 PM” temporary parking restrictions will be implemented as follows.
- Charles Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
- Boylston Street, Public Garden side, from Arlington Street to Charles Street
Other upcoming events that will impact traffic parking in Boston this include the following.
- Thursday, June 16, Central Wharf Charity Block Party, Central Street, Boston’s Financial District, closed to traffic from McKinley Square to Surface Road from 5 PM to 11 PM.
- Friday, June 17, Summer Soulstice, West Brookline Street, South End, between Washington Street and Shawmut Avenue, closed to traffic from 1 PM to 10 PM.
- Sunday, June 19, Father’s Day Scholarship Road Race, Dorchester, 10 AM to 11:15 AM. Traffic will be delayed briefly as runners proceed from the McKeon Post at #4 Hilltop Street, left onto Granite Avenue, left onto Hope Avenue, right onto West Squantum Street, right onto Granite Avenue, right onto Hilltop Street, right onto Hallet Street.
Those attending the festivities are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Hubway, the regional bike-share service, may be found on their website and information on the MBTA may be found online. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket.
The Boston Transportation Department reminds drivers, cyclists and pedestrians to please follow the rules of the road and to share Boston’s local streets safely and considerately.