City hosts public meeting to discuss Rutherford Avenue/Sullivan Square design project
February 24, 2017
The Boston Transportation Department and the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services are hosting a public meeting on Tuesday, February 28, to discuss the Rutherford Avenue/Sullivan Square Design Project. The meeting will take place from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall located at #545 Medford Street in Charlestown.
A project update offering design and transportation alternatives will be presented at the meeting. Residents and others are encouraged to attend and offer their input to help shape the future of Rutherford Avenue and Sullivan Square. The goals of the project include:
- Improve pedestrian connections and safety on the Rutherford Avenue corridor in Sullivan Square while improving access to MBTA stations,
- Provide high quality bicycle connections,
- Decrease traffic congestion,
- Protect the Charlestown neighborhood from cut-through traffic,
- Create public/open space, and,
- Provide opportunities for appropriate development.
More information may be found on the project website at www.boston.gov/departments/transportation. Members of the Charlestown community who have questions or comments on the project should contact Boston Transportation Department Commissioner James Gillooly at email@example.com.