Digital team looking for 2017 summer web developer fellow
May 18, 2017
The deadline to apply for a fellowship is May 29, 2017, but we will be accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should be curious, entrepreneurial, and humble. We want strong communicators who are excellent relationship builders.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “2017 Summer Fellowship” in the subject line. If you have a specific project you’d like to tackle, let us know.Need to know
- This internship is open to both undergraduate and graduate students in any major. However, we prefer applicants with relevant experience or education.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply.
- This is a paid fellowship.
- Fellows will be expected to work at Boston City Hall during normal business hours.
- We also encourage applicants with university or grant funding to apply. (Please note in your cover letter if you expect to have external funding.)
- The deadline to apply for a fellowship is May 29, 2017, but we will be accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
- This is an eight-week internship, with an expected start date of Monday, June 12, 2017. This date is subject to change, but we will confirm the start date with applicants when we offer them a fellowship.
- We will hold phone interviews with prospective applicants on a rolling basis.
- We plan to let applicants know they've been picked by the end of the first week of June.
Fellows in the Digital Team Summer Fellowship Program work closely with City leadership and members of the Digital Team.
You'll work to improve how the Boston community interacts with government, from getting a marriage certificate to reporting a pothole.
Our fellows play a vital role in:
- developing special projects
- piloting different technologies
- developing new tools, and
- testing innovative approaches to solving problems.