Dominican Festival and Parade
August 14, 2019
The Dominican Festival and Parade taking place on Sunday, August 18, will require street closings and parking restrictions in Boston. People coming into Boston to attend are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
The Dominican Parade will begin at Noon in Hyde Square and proceed along Centre Street, right to Columbus Avenue, right to Walnut Avenue, ending at Seaver Street.
- Hyde Square will close to traffic at approximately 10:30am.
- The remainder of the route will close to traffic at approximately 11:30am.
- The entire route will remain closed until approximately 3:30pm.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Perkins Street, both sides, South Huntington Avenue to Centre Street
- Centre street, both sides, South Huntington Avenue to Columbus Avenue
- Columbus Avenue, both sides, Centre Street to Walnut Avenue
- Walnut Avenue, both sides, Seaver Street to School Street
- Seaver Street, both sides, Walnut Avenue to Harold Street
- Proctor Street, both sides, Norfolk Avenue to Massachusetts Avenue
- Norfolk Avenue, both sides, Magazine Street to Langdon Street