October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women and responsible for tens of thousands of deaths a year in the united states. Once diagnosed, coping with this condition can be overwhelming and frightening for those who suffer from it, as well as their families and loved ones. This month, we wanted to share educational and health resources, as well as local charity events and ways to contribute in the community in support of those fighting this chronic illness.
- When first diagnosed with Breast Cancer, the information and treatment options can be overwhelming. The CDC shares a helpful educational guide on cancer symptoms and diagnosis. This page from the American Cancer Association highlights different types of treatments.
- The Ellie Fund is a Needham based charity that offers information and support for those coping with breast cancer. Be sure to check their full calendar of events for 2022 to support this cause.
- The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition is another local nonprofit dedicated to education and prevention-based advocacy. They offer their own events, and also volunteer opportunities.
- There are more Breast Cancer Awareness events occurring in the Boston area, click the link to see more!
For breast cancer treatment and screening, listed below are several major hospital services in the greater Boston area:
- Mass General Hospital Cancer Center
- Beth Israel Breast Care Center
- BMC Belkin Breast Care Center
- St. Elizabeth’s Breast Care Center
- Tufts Breast Health Care Center
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Have a safe and healthy month, please reach out to us at the EAP if you have any resources or events you would like us to highlight for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.