Open Newbury Street, Caribbean Carnival Parades
Special events taking place on Saturday and Sunday, August 24 and 25, will require street closings and parking restrictions in Boston. People coming into Boston to attend are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
Saturday, August 24
The J’Ouvert Parade will begin at 6:30 AM on Talbot Avenue at the intersection of Kerwin Street. Marchers will proceed up Blue Hill Avenue to Glenway Street to the Circuit Drive (Peabody Circle) entrance to Franklin Park.
The Caribbean Carnival Parade will begin at 1 PM on Warren Street at Martin Luther King Boulevard. Marchers will proceed from Warren Street to Blue Hill Avenue, ending on at the Circuit Driven (Peabody Circle) entrance to Franklin Park. Formation of this parade will take place on Martin Luther King Boulevard between Warren and Washington Streets. Traffic will be redirected away from the Caribbean Carnival Parade route beginning at 11 AM.
- Outbound traffic on Columbia Road will be rerouted to turn left onto Geneva Avenue toward Bowdoin Street.
- Vehicle traffic on Blue Hill Avenue will be redirected at Talbot Avenue with no traffic on Blue Hill Avenue toward American Legion Highway.
- At Blue Hill Avenue and American Legion Highway, all traffic will be directed onto Blue Hill Avenue toward Talbot Avenue.
- At the intersection of Columbus Avenue, Seaver Street and Walnut Avenue, traffic on Columbus Avenue will be directed onto Walnut Avenue.
- No vehicle traffic will be allowed on Seaver Street toward Blue Hill Avenue.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday” regulations will be in effect as follows.
- Talbot Avenue, Both sides Kerwin Street to Blue Hill Avenue
- American Legion Highway, North side Blue Hill Avenue to Angell Street
- Blue Hill Avenue, Both sides, Harvard Street to Warren Street
- Martin Luther King Boulevard, Both sides, Warren Street to Washington Street
- Warren Street, Both sides, Martin Luther King Boulevard to Blue Hill Avenue
- Columbia Road, Both sides, Blue Hill Avenue to Seaver Street
- Old Road, Both sides, Glenway Street to Columbia Road
- Glenway Street, Both sides, Blue Hill Avenue to #11 Glenway Street
- Seaver Street, Both sides, Blue Hill Avenue to #280
- Walnut Avenue, Franklin Park side, Seaver Street to Sigourney Street;
- Both sides, Seaver Street to Park Lane
- Sigourney Street, Franklin Park side, Walnut Avenue to Glen Road
- Circuit Drive, Both sides, Blue Hill Avenue to Morton Street
Sunday, August 25
Open Newbury Street will require the closing of Newbury Street, from Arlington Street to Massachusetts Avenue, from 9:30 AM to 6:15 PM.
“No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Newbury Street, both sides, Arlington Street to Massachusetts Avenue
- Berkeley Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Commonwealth Avenue
- Clarendon Street, both sides, Commonwealth Avenue to Boylston Street
- Exeter Street, both sides, Commonwealth Avenue to Newbury Street
- Fairfield Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Gloucester Street, both sides, Commonwealth Avenue to Newbury Street
- Hereford Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Newbury Street