Roslindale Day Parade, Centennial Double Tenth Parade, Other Events
Special events taking place on Saturday, October 5, and Sunday, October 6, will require street closures and temporary parking restrictions. People coming into Boston to attend are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found at http://bluebikes.com and information on the MBTA may be found at www.mbta.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
Saturday, October 5
The Centennial Double Tenth Parade will step off at 10:30 AM from Beach Street at Surface Road and the Chinatown Gate. Traffic delays should be expected as the parade proceeds along the following route.
- Beach Street, turn right onto Washington Street, cross over Court Street, to the Washington Mall, to City Hall Plaza.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Beach Street, both sides, Hudson Street to Tyler Street
- Tyler Street, both sides, Kneeland Street to Beach Street
The Night of the Great Pumpkin will require the closing of Old Rutherford Avenue, Charlestown, from Austin Street to the Tot Lot, between 9 AM and 7 PM.
Sunday, October 6
The Roslindale Day Parade formation will begin at 11:30 AM, and Washington Street, from Firth Road to Archdale Street will be closed. The parade will begin at 1 PM and the following route will be closed to traffic with individual streets reopening as the parade progresses. All streets are expected to reopen by 3 PM.
- Parade will proceed on Washington Street, right onto South Street, left onto Belgrade Avenue, right onto West Roxbury Parkway, to Msgr. Finn Circle, right onto Centre Street, right onto South Street, ending at Walter Street.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Sunday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Cummins Highway north side, Lindall Street to Washington Street
- Murray Hill Road, south side, Florence Street to Washington Street
- Firth Road, south side, Florence Street to Washington Street
- Bexley Road, south side, Washington Street to Florence Street
- Washington Street, both sides, Stellman Avenue to Cummins Highway
- South Street, both sides, Washington Street to Belgrade Avenue
- Belgrade Avenue, both sides, South Street to Robert Street
- Basile Street, both sides, Washington Street to Lindall Street
- Robert Street, both sides, South Street to Belgrade Avenue
- Walter Street, both sides, South Street to Symmes Street/Knoll Street; and south side, Knoll Street to Primrose Street
- South Walter Street, both sides, Robert Street to South Fairview Street
- Belgrade Avenue, both sides, Robert Street to West Roxbury Parkway
- West Roxbury Parkway, both sides, Belgrade Avenue to Msgr. Finn Circle
- Msgr. Finn Circle, both sides, West Roxbury Parkway to South Street
- Centre Street, both sides, Msgr. Finn Circle to South Street
- South Street, both sides, Centre Street to Walter Street
The East Boston Cornhole Classic will require the closing of Webster Street, East Boston, from Orleans Street heading west to the end, between 11 AM and 6 PM.