Traffic advisory for Boston Women's March for America
January 18, 2017
The Boston Women’s March for America is scheduled to take place on Saturday, January 21, 2017. The event will begin at 11 a.m. with a speaking program on the Boston Common prior to the march itself stepping off at 12:30 p.m. Traffic and parking will be impacted in the vicinity of the Boston Common and the Back Bay. Those coming into the City to participate in the event are asked to leave their vehicles at home and take the MBTA. Information on service may be found on the MBTA's website. We created a map of the march route and parking restrictions here:
The following traffic and parking plan may be revised by the Boston Police Department at any time as necessary. The planned route for the march is:
- exit the Boston Common at the intersection of Beacon Street and Charles Street
- turn left on Beacon Street
- turn left on Arlington Street
- turn right on Commonwealth Avenue outbound
- turn left on Clarendon Street
- turn left on Commonwealth Avenue inbound
- turn right on Arlington Street
- turn left on Boylston Street, and
- re-enter the Boston Common at the intersection of Boylston and Charles Streets.
As organizers anticipate that thousands of people will attend, drivers should expect that streets along the route will be impassable from 12 - 2 p.m. It may also be necessary to restrict traffic from Charles Street, between Boylston and Beacon Streets, earlier than noon. We encourage drivers to seek alternate routes.
In addition, “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday” temporary parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Charles Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
- Beacon Street, both sides, from Park Street to Arlington Street
- Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon Street to Boylston Street
- Commonwealth Avenue, both sides, from Arlington Street to Clarendon Street
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Arlington Street to Tremont Street