Traffic Advisory for March 10 and 11, 2018
March 8, 2018
The Boston Transportation Department is advising drivers that traffic and parking will be impacted in the Back Bay on Saturday, March 10, and Sunday, March 11, 2018, due to work taking place as part of MassDOT’s Mass Ave Bridge Replacement Project.
From 7 AM on Saturday through 7 PM on Sunday, Massachusetts Avenue, between the Commonwealth Avenue surface roadways, will be closed to all traffic. Detours will be in place as follows.
Vehicle Detour Routes:
- Northbound, from Massachusetts Avenue, turn right onto Boylston Street, left onto Hereford Street, left onto Beacon Street, right onto Massachusetts Avenue and continue northbound.
- Southbound, from Massachusetts Avenue, turn right onto Beacon Street, left onto Charlesgate West, left onto Commonwealth Avenue, bear right at the closed bypass roadway using the surface roadway to reach Massachusetts Avenue, turn right and continue southbound.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Detour Route:
- Through bicycle and pedestrian traffic should use the crossings at Charlesgate East and Hereford Street.
To ensure emergency vehicle access and ease congestion in the neighborhood, temporary “Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday & Sunday” parking restrictions will be implemented on the following streets.
- Commonwealth Avenue, both sides, inbound and outbound, from Hereford Street to Charlesgate West.
- Beacon Street, north side, even side, from Hereford Street to Massachusetts Avenue; south side, odd side, from Massachusetts Avenue to Charlesgate West.
- Hereford Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street.
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Massachusetts Avenue to Hereford Street.
For more details about the Mass Ave Bridge Replacement Project, please visit the website at www.mass.gov/massdot/massavebridge.