Traffic advisory for March Forward Massachusetts
January 17, 2019
People coming into the City of Boston for the event are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles. Information on Bluebikes, the regional bike share service, may be found on the Blue Bikes website. You can find public transit information on the MBTA's website. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston.
Participants will gather on the Boston Common. At approximately 12:30 pm, they will exit the Boston Common and march along the following route:
- Charles Street, left onto Beacon Street
- left onto Arlington Street
- right onto Commonwealth Avenue outbound
- left onto Clarendon Street
- left onto Commonwealth Avenue inbound
- right onto Arlington Street
- left onto Boylston Street
- left onto Charles Street, and
- returning to the Boston Common.
Traffic delays should be expected along the route. A rolling closure of these streets is planned to take place between 12:30 and approximately 2 p.m. as marchers proceed. Charles Street will be closed to traffic as the group exits and re-enters the Boston Common.
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday” parking restrictions will be in effect as follows.
- Charles Street, both sides, Boylston Street to Beacon Street
- Beacon Street, Boston Common side, Charles Street to Spruce Street